Airplane, symbolizes the airplane of pilot Isidro Paredes, from whom the municipality was named.
Man and Carabao, represent the town’s hardworking people.
Tobacco and Rice Plants, stands for the major crops of the municipalty.
History and Government
During the period 1866 to 1885, the Poblacion of San Isidro today was called Cagutungan. Cagutungan was then a part of barangay Villavieja in the municipality of Pilar. Cagutungan is an Ilocano term for “rough stone” which was aplenty in barangay Tangbao. In the year 1884, Cagutungan became a part of Pueblo de Lumaba, and later on, of Pilar in 1885 up to 1902. In 1903, Villavieja and Pilar were fused, forming Villa Pilar. Villa Pilar came to be known simply as Pilar with Cagutungan as its seat of government. Among those who became presidents of Pilar from Cagutungan at the time were Juan Benauro and Ramon Valera.
On April 10, 1950, Cagutungan became the municipality of San Isidro. This was through a bill authored by Senator Quintin Paredes which was enacted into law. The choice of San Isidro as its name was in fond memory of Senator Quintin Paredes’ son Isidro who died a hero during the world War II in Europe.
The first mayor of San Isidro when it became a municipality in 1950 was Jose Millan, a Spanish mestizo who was a native of the area. In his teens, Millan showed exemplary political leadership which caught the attention and confidence of Senator Paredes. It is through the insistent request of Millan that the bill creating the municipality was initiated and sponsored by the good senator.
San Isidro is presently subdivided into 9 barangays, namely: Cabayugan, Dalimag, Langbaban. Manayday, Olo, Pantoc, Poblacion, San Marcial and Tangbao.